We get lots of questions about tuning motor drivers and setting directions so … here goes with a blog post covering the topic. Its a long read and may seem like too much information…but please persist – its good to know whats happening here as when things aren’t working right and you have the theory… you can fix it.
After you have wired up the X-Carve/Shapeoko/Ox or similar CNC machine running GRBL, there will be some settings to update and tuning of the machine required. This is regardless of whether you are using the G-Sheild, CNC-shield, or another electronics setup.
Steps we will cover:
- Setting Driver(s) Current
- Setting Jogging motor Directions
- Setting Homing Motor Directions
- Testing Homing Sequences – This section coming soon!
- Calibrating the steps per/mm of each axis. This section coming soon!